Low-Carb Chocolate & Orange Tart
This Timeless Combination Delivers Once Again As A Low-Carb Chocolate-Orange Tart
A silky smooth chocolate custard, flavoured with orange and encased in a piece of Lo-Dough (replacing the carb and fat-heavy pastry). For just 188 calories and 7 carbs a portion, you'll be amazed just how decadent this tastes. Plus at 6 portions per piece of Lo-Dough, it's a great economical dish too.
It's a perfect low-carb way to end a celebratory meal.
Method1. Preheat your oven to 140c/Gas Mark One. In a sauce pan, gently heat up the cream and milk with the split and orange zest until just too hot to touch. Take off the heat, add in the chocolate and sweetener and keep stirring until melted in together. Sieve to remove the bits of orange zest (optional).
2. Whisk the eggs thoroughly with the cocoa.
3. Pour the warm chocolate cream over the egg mixture, whisking the whole time.
4. Roll out your Lo-Dough flat between two pieces of paper found in the pouch and work into a 7inch tin.
5. Pour in the chocolate custard mix and leave to bake gently for 40 minutes. The custard should be set, but still have a bit a wobble.
6. Allow to cool on a rack and once cooled enough place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Serve alongside any accompaniment of choice, or just straight up.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co