The Ultimate Low-Carb Stuffing For The Big Day!
Our Christmas stuffing was so good it got eaten straight out the pot by a hungry Lo-Dough HQ - it never even saw a plate or a turkey!
But isn't that often the way? Stuffing made well can be every bit as delicious as the main event. Ours is incredibly low-carb and low-calorie, as well as high-fibre and we guarantee you it tastes every bit as good as a version made with regular bread (or god forbid a packet mix!).
It contains Lo-Dough, onion, herbs, cranberries and walnuts, but can be adapted for a keto diet too by leaving out the cranberries and swapping the onion for fresh chives and a little sausage meat.
Cook inside the bird, or as a side serving.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to a crumb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- A teaspoon of dried sage
- A teaspoon of thyme, finely chopped
- 15g of fresh cranberries
- 15g of walnuts, crushed
- Salt & pepper
- A few sprays of oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/392F/Gas 6 (If serving alongside your dinner, put the stuffing into the oven for the last 20-30 minutes of cooking).
- Fry off your onion on a gentle heat until softened. Add the sage and thyme for a minute or two before removing from the heat.
Add the blitzed
Lo-Dough, the cranberries, the walnut, the onion and the herbs. Add water to moisten the mix and bring it together - but don't make it too wet or loose. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put into a dish and leave it quite loose and texture - don't squash it down. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked. alternatively, you can pack it inside your turkey. (For a firmer stuffing that you can slice, you can ad approx half a beaten egg).
- Serve alongside your dinner!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.