Low Carb Pork Pie
Low-calorie pork pies are now a thing...
Being able to eat low calorie pork pies is worth celebrating, and we are very proud to introduce this one from Lo-Dough.
The same juicy and meaty filling is allowed when it is teamed up with this wonderful pastry alternative. This is a recipe for a low-carb, low-calorie pork pie with the same juicy, meaty filling and crispy, golden exterior. Seriously, what's not to like?
We also have a recipe for an open top, pickle dressed pie that uses exactly one piece of Lo-Dough.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/356F/Gas 4
2. Spray the inside of a muffin mould with fry-light oil
3. Cut a quarter out of your Lo-Dough piece, push into the mould and cut away excess from the edges (we use a pastry cutter, but working carefully with a knife will get a similar result), leaving a 1cm lip to crimp with a lid later.
4. Mix the pork with any seasonings of your choice (we liked salt, pepper and chopped rosemary) and push into the mould, making sure to pack it tight.
5. Cut a new Lo-Dough piece to size for the sealed pie - brush with a little egg wash and push to seal to the pie with a fork.
6. Egg-wash and bake for approx 50 minutes - covering with foil for the first 30 mins.
7. Ensure your pie is cooked before serving - this can be dressed with salad and pickles of your choice. We topped ours with Piccalilli. Enjoy hot or cold
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co