Low-Sugar Chocolate Spread French Toast
Make breakfast sweet without the sugar. Check out this reduced carb breakfast treat
Lo-Dough French toast has proven a hit with our customers in all its forms. Savoury or sweet, this way of treating Lo-Dough always delivers.
This particular recipe falls firmly on the sweet side. We've selected a low-sugar chocolate spread and combined with fruit, low-fat yoghurt and the all important low-carb French toast. By making your french toast this way, you are drastically altering the nutritional composition of the dish for the better, without sacrificing on flavour.
If you like a sweet start to the day, this could be the one for you.
Note: 16 out 20 grams of sugar in this dish comes from the fruit.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, cut into quarters
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 20g of erythritol sweetener
- 20ml of milk (semi-skimmed)
- Spray oil
- 1 small banana, chopped
- A handful of raspberries
- 3 tablespoons of low-sugar chocolate spread
- 2 tablespoons of low-fat yoghurt
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add the eggs, sweetener and milk to a bowl and mix well with a fork. When combined, add your
Leave this mix in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes, for the
Lo-Doughto absorb the liquid.
- On a very low heat, add the spray oil to a pan and gently fry until golden brown.
- Serve stacked up with the fruit, choc spread and yoghurt.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.