A nutritious, super healthy low-carb lunch recipe
A combination often seen on bistro-style menus is smoked oily fish with beetroot and horseradish. It's a modern classic. Why? It just works. Well, now it can work for you as a filling and satisfying low calorie meal, using Lo-Dough.
This omega-3-rich mackerel, naturally sweet beetroot and hot horseradish combination thrown into a low calorie Lo-Dough wrap with mixed salad is positively bursting with fresh flavour and makes the perfect light lunch.
Low calorie lunch recipes, quick & easy
There are plenty of superb lunch ideas which you can make with Lo-Dough to go with your fitness goals or fit in with your diet plan. That's the magic of Lo-Dough - being able to enjoy the food you love without going hard on calories and the bad stuff. Lunch has never been better.
- 1 piece of
- 60-70g of smoked mackerel (1 fillet)
- Half a cooked beetroot, sliced
- 7g of sliced red onion (a few slices)
- 1 Cherry tomato, sliced
- A handful of salad
- Half a teaspoon of capers
- 1g of picked parsley leaves
- Half a red chilli, chopped
For the sauce
- 2 teaspoons of grated horse radish, mixed with a little fat free yoghurt (you can buy horseradish sauce, but it will contain a few more calories and wont taste as fresh)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Lightly toast the
Lo-Doughin a pan over a high heat for a few seconds until it has a light char.
Arrange all the salad components on top of the
Lo-Dough, followed by the fish.
- Dress with a few blobs of the horseradish yoghurt (or sauce) and a very light drizzle of balsamic, if desired, then wrap it up and enjoy!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.