Peanut Butter Blondies
On plan, delicious dessert & snack with PBfit peanut butter
Type: Dessert Suitable For: Gluten freeLow calorieLow carb
A perfect snack bite, ideal for a lunchbox or a picnic spread - but with each individual cake coming in at less than 100 calories and only 5.6g of carbs thanks to Lo-Dough and PBfit Peanut Butter.
These are deceptively simple to make and according to our customer experience manager, are 'like little bites of heaven - make another batch NOW'. Strong words from a passionate foodie.
See image below for an idea of how to set up your brownie tin:
gluten free | dairy free | fat free | low carb | sugar free | high in protein | high fibre | vegetarian | 39 calories per piece
- 1. Preheat your oven to 200C/428F/Gas 7
2. Take one third of the mixed peanut butter and pour out a little line the length of your brownie tin onto some greaseproof. Freeze for 10-15 mins minimum.
3. Add the eggs, milk, sweetener, remaining peanut butter and 2-3 drops of vanilla extract into a bowl and beat with a whisk. Add the Lo-Dough crumbs and combine.
4. If using a standard 8 inch tin, you will need to make an extra wall made out of tin-foil - this mix will fill roughly a third of an 8-inch square tin. Otherwise a small loaf tin or any small tin may be suitable (your Blondies can be any shape, as long as the are roughly 1.5cm/half and inch thick.).
5. Fill the chosen tin half way, then add the frozen strip of peanut butter and top up with the other half of the cake mix. Bake for 9-10 minutes - the sponge should feel slightly springy to the touch - if it's too soft, give the cake another minute.
6. Leave to cool on a rack and then carefully take out of the tin, remove the foil and greaseproof paper and cut into 3 squares. Top with a thin layer of melted dark chocolate (this can be melted in a bowl in a microwave for approx. 1 minute)