The breakfast phenomenon taking social media by storm. Do it the Lo-Dough way!
Pesto eggs on toast are a fantastic tasting breakfast/brunch dish, suddenly finding online popularity. By frying your eggs in pesto rather than plain oil, you are jacking up the flavour to a new level. But for low-carbers, the toast presents an issue. That's where Lo-Dough comes in - our cheese toasts sit perfectly under the herby, moreish eggs and at just a couple of carbs per portion are perfect for a low-carb or ketogenic (keto) diet.
- 1 piece of
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of pesto
- 50g mozzarella
- 1 heaped tbsp of light cream cheese
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 250°C/475F/Gas 9.
Spread the cream cheese across the
Lo-Doughin a thin layer, right up to the edge.
- Cover evenly with the cheese and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- While the cheese toast cooks, fry your eggs in the pesto until done to your liking.
- Serve with a crack of black pepper.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.