This is the recipe for our open topped pork pie, dressed up with tangy pickle and using exactly one single piece of Lo-Dough.
Of course that just means you can make two pies instead of one!
- 1 piece of
- 80g lean pork mince
- Egg wash to glaze Lo-dough
- 2-3 sprays of fry light oil
- Salt, pepper and herbs to taste
- Pickle to serve (optional)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F/Gas 4.
- Spray the inside of a muffin mould with fry light oil.
Cut a quarter out of your
Lo-Doughpiece and push into the mould saving the cut quarter. Egg wash under the seal to make it stick.
- Mix the pork with any seasonings of your choice (we liked salt, pepper and chopped rosemary) and push into the mould, making sure to pack it tight.
- Use a small cutter (or knife) to make a little lid that sits on top of your pork.
- Egg-wash and bake for approx 50 minutes - covering with foil for the first 30 mins.
- Ensure your pie is thoroughly cooked before serving - this can be dressed with salad and pickles of your choice. As you can see from the photo, we chose piccalilli, but that's entirely up to you. Enjoy hot or cold.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.