Pineapple Upside Down Mug Cake
A Low-Calorie Retro Favourite!
For a sweet trip down memory lane, this is the mug cake for you! Only, this Lo-Dough recipe is both quick and extremely low-calorie.
By switching out the flour found in the original recipe for blitzed up Lo-Dough crumbs and the sugar for a high-quality sweetener, you massively reduced the calories. What's more, there is very little fat needed (just the egg yolk), so feel free to serve with a blob of cream or creme fraiche and still easily come in at under 300 kcal.
Eaten without the creamy accompaniment, this cake is an incredible 176 calories and would make a perfect fibre-packed breakfast!
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 slices of tinned pineapple
- 1 glace cherry (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of fat free yoghurt
- 2 dessert spoons of sweetener
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add the
Lo-Dough, egg, 1 slice of pineapple (cut into small pieces), yoghurt and sweetener to a bowl and mix well .
- Line a mug with a small piece of grease proof paper. Add the remaining slice of pineapple and then the cake mix on top.
- Cook in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on wattage). After 2 minutes take out and check by pressing the bottom of the mug cake. It should feel firm to touch, with a little bounce.
- Take out and leave to stand in the mug for a further minute before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve au natural with yoghurt for breakfast or low fat, sweetened crème fraîche/cream for a lovely dessert.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.