Low Carb Pork Souvlaki Kebab
Kebab heaven! Low-carb Kebabs are the stuff of dreams - just make them with Lo-Dough
Easily a top 5 Greek dish (possibly jostling for the top spot with moussaka and Greek salad), souvlaki can be cooked under the grill but is almost certainly best straight off a charcoal BBQ. The simple marinade adds a perfect piquant flavour and when coupled with salad and tzatziki and served in a Lo-Dough wrap, the end result is superb and perfectly healthy.
If you are feeling like throwing a few chips in, Lo-Dough has saved you on the carbs and calories already - why not make it gyros-style!
- 1 piece of
- 200g of pork loin steak, cut in to chunks
- 1 pack of Spicentice souvlaki seasoning
- 30g of Greek salad
- A good pinche of dried oregano
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fat-free yoghurt
- A small handful of chopped mint
- A wedge of lemon
- A few sprays of fry-light oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Mix the chunks of pork with the seasoning and then skewer.
- Spray a pan with the fry light, put on a medium-high heat and place your Kebab on. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning every now and again.
Mix the Yoghurt, garlic and mint and a pinch of oregano in a bowl. Spread over the
Lo-Dough. Arrange the salad and on top, followed by the kebab. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.