Low-Carb Red Cheddar, Bacon & Mushroom Pizza
Low-carb heaven - and proof that not all pizzas need mozzarella cheese!
With no mozzarella to hand and just a few odds and ends in the fridge, we were able to throw together a pizza that looked and tasted great.
When making a homemade pizza, part of the joy is being able to pull together any ingredients you fancy and not feel forced to stick to conventional ingredients and combinations. No mozzarella meant that we used a combination of red and white cheddar which gave it a more cheese on toast kind of flavour. We had a piece of a bacon a mushroom and a couple of tomatoes lying around. They finished it perfectly.
Finally, no basil meant we went with finely sliced spring onion tops - which complimented the cheddar perfectly.
Don't be afraid to break the rules!
- 1 piece of
- 70g of grated cheddar (we mixed red and white)
- 2 tablespoons of passata
- 1 rasher of bacon, cooked
- 1 large chestnut mushroom, sliced
- 1 cherry tomato, sliced
- A few finely sliced spring onion tops to garnish
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/Gas 7.
Spread the passata on the smooth side of your
Lo-Dough, spreading right to the edge. Then add your cheese, again, right to the edge.
- Top with the cooked bacon, mushroom and tomato.
- Bake in your oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Add the spring onion tops. Serve straight away.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.