Sausage & Roasted Pepper Calzone
This delicious low-cal calzone will blow your mind!
We've gone down the traditional Italian route with this calzone... filling the inside with ricotta, sausage and roasted peppers and pouring over the marinara sauce afterwards. The non-traditional bit is we've swapped the carb-heavy pizza dough for Lo-Dough... making this calzone low-carb, low-calorie, high protein and high fibre.
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/ 428°F/Gas 7.
2. Add the cooked sausage, peppers and ricotta to the middle of your Lo-Dough.
3. Wet the edge over your Lo-Dough with a little water and fold the over to form your calzone. Apply a fair amount of pressure to ensure it seals
4. Top the calzone with the mozzarella and parmesan
5. Bake in your oven for approx 10 minutes, or until golden. Serve with a little extra pizza sauce to dip in or pour over.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co