Scary Halloween Pizza
A great spooky low-carb pizza to enjoy with the kids for Halloween
We've come up with a black sauce pizza decorated with mushroom skulls and green 'slime' (spinach) to help you and your family celebrate Halloween, in a healthier way! Wanna know what's really scary? It's just 279 calories for the whole pizza.
It's fun to make, but just take extra care making your mushroom skulls! The trick is to use a straw to make perfectly circular eyes and a small paring knife to carve out little details on the skull and mouth. Switch on the radio or a podcast and take your time!
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/428F
2. On a high heat, fry the mushrooms in the oil until almost cooked. Add the garlic and thyme, plus salt and pepper and cook for a further minute.
3. Mix the passata and black garlic ketchup and spread two tablespoons across the Lo-Dough in a thin layer, right up to the edge.
4. Spread grated cheese on top, add a few more pools of the garlic/passata on top, then add the spinach and carved mushrooms.
5. Put the pizza in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until golden and bubbling and serve.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co