Smoked Ham, Gruyere and Mushroom Pancake
Low carb savoury pancakes using Lo-Dough
Type: BreakfastMainsToastie Suitable For: Gluten freeHigh fibreHigh proteinLow carbSlimming friendly
Any pancake is made possible with Lo-Dough: The only limit is your imagination. Rather than skimp on toppings with a traditional pancake to allow for the carb content, you can now have all of your favourite toppings without restraint because Lo-Dough will take the carb/calorie hit on your behalf! Being gluten-free, low carb and only 39 calories a piece, you can now have pancakes every day of the week.
Now that's a cause for celebration.
Don't miss out on the Lo-Dough Bread & Butter Pudding
1. Remove one piece of Lo-Dough from the packet, taking care to peel away the protective paper. Place in a suitable container with the egg/milk mixture and allow approx 20-60 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray the Frylight over a medium heat in a medium skillet. Add mushrooms, onions, and spinach and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in black pepper and fresh herbs, if using.
3. Remove the Lo-Dough from the mixture, shaking off any excess. Using a hot frying pan, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Remove from the heat and place the smoked ham in the middle, layering the mushrooms, onions and spinach on top. Finally, add the gruyere cheese and wrap your pancake under and over.
5. You can now enjoy your pancake as it is, or press for a further 5 minutes using a hot sandwich press (we used George Foreman) to melt the cheese.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co