This Spanish themed pizza is incredibly delicious and incredibly low-carb...
We've partnered up some of our favourite Spanish ingredients here on this powerhouse of a pizza. Serrano ham, manchego cheese, smokey roasted peppers and a romesco sauce, made with peppers and almonds. The result is a perfectly balanced, flavour sensation and thanks to Lo-Dough, the carbs and calories are kept super low too.
This is two recipes for one the sauce and the pizza - you won't use all the romesco sauce, but it'll keep in the fridge for a few days. It's great over fish, on chicken, stirred though green veg, stirred into pasta... the uses are endless.
For the romesco sauce
- 1 jar of roasted peppers
- 4 tomatoes
- 130g of almonds
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- A squeeze of lemon
For the pizza
- 2 tablespoons romesco sauce
- 60g of manchego
- 1 slice of serrano ham
- 20g sliced roasted pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Blitz or liquidise all your romesco sauce ingredients to make a smooth sauce.2. Preheat your oven to 220°C/ 428°F/Gas 7.
Spread the romesco sauce over your
Lo-Dough, smooth side up, taking it right to the edge.
- Top with the cheese, ham and peppers.
- Bake in your oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling and serve.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.