Combine Lo-Dough's low-carb cake with a beautiful sugar-free panna cotta for the MOST incredible dessert.
Though it will need time to set over night, the rest of this delicious sugar free panna cotta cake recipe couldn't be quicker or simpler.
While your two-ingredient Lo-Dough Vanilla Sponge mix bakes, simply make up a standard vanilla panna cotta mix, swapping the sugar for erythritol sweetener and set the whole thing together in the fridge over night.
If you love vanilla, you are going to love this low sugar cake!
Lo-DoughVanilla Sponge Mix
- 240ml water
- 250ml double cream
- 250ml milk
- One vanilla pod, deseeded
- Three leaves of gelatine, soaked in water until soft
- 50g erythritol sweetener
- Make the
Lo-Doughcake mix according to instructions. For our panna cotta cake we have baked in a larger loose bottom 8 inch tin for a flatter cake base. You can use your 6 inch tin if preferred, but it needs to be loose-bottomed. Bake at 180C for 35 mins as per the instructions.
- While the cake bakes, make your panna cotta mix. Heat the milk, cream, vanilla and sweetener until simmering and then remove from the heat. Add the gelatine and stir until everything is dissolved.
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven, take out of the tin and allow to cool. Give the tin a clean and then, to avoid any spillage, wrap the bottom of the tin in clingfilm to secure. Put the cake back into the tin upside down and pour over the panna cotta mix. The cake will float to the top, but that's fine. Leave in the fridge over night to set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge. To make it easier to remove cleanly, dip the cling-filmed tin in warm water or a hot towel for a few seconds. Then place on a board and remove the tin with the cake now at the base and the panna cotta on top. Slice in to eight and serve with fruit if desired.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.