Super-Spicy Hot Sauce Pizza
Holy Moly - This Is Low-Calorie Pizza With Attitude!
Hot sauce fans - this one is for YOU! Instead of the normal passata/pizza sauce, we know and love, we thought we'd notch things up a bit and take a pizza in a distinctly spicier direction. For ours, we blended two of our favourite hot sauces - Franks buffalo wing sauce and Sriracha sauce. The combination was epic - the buffalo sauce giving the pizza an amazing vinegary tang and the Sriracha giving it a garlicky kick - not forgetting the serious heat supplied by both. If you like things hot and spicy, you are going to love it!
Top Tip: If you want to calm down the spice a little - mix one spoon of hot sauce with a spoon of passata instead.
Now, we all know sauces can carry a few carbs and calories with them as a result of their sugar content, but in the case of hot sauce, they are often more vinegar based. What this means is that when used in combination with Lo-Dough (and the other toppings - cheese, salami, chilli, onions), this pizza comes in at a mind-blowing 8g carbs and 337 calories for the whole pizza. Not to mention the 9.3g of fibre that comes with a Lo-Dough pizza as standard! Try contrasting that with any spicy takeaway/supermarket pizza...
Ultimately, a big part of the calories and carbs found in most pizzas are found in the base. You can choose your own favourite hot sauce when it comes to making this pizza - it doesn't really matter as Lo-Dough will have you covered!
That's why we like to say: Make It With Lo-Dough!
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, briefly pre-browned in a pan
- 70g of grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce - make a blend of your favourites, or just go with one you like
- 2-3 (15g) salami slices, cut into quarters
- A few thin slices of red onion
- A quarter of red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 250°C/475F/Gas 9.
Spread the hot sauce across the pre-browned
Lo-Doughin a thin layer, right up to the edge.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top, spreading to the edge and than arrange the other topping around and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until the pizza has reached your desired crispiness.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and serve. You can add even more hot sauce on top if your dare!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.