This French-inspired, low-calorie pizza is a taste sensation
Looking away from Italy or America for pizza inspiration is always a good chance to mix things up. This low calorie pizza is a version of a French classic know as Tarte Flambé.
In effect, it is a white pizza, using creme fraiche and quark as the sauce base and Emmental cheese instead of the mozzarella. Topped with smokey bacon lardons and lightly caramelised onions, this is a treat of a meal, but one that is suprisingly low in both calories and carbs!
Viva la France!
- 1 Original
- 60g of smoked, reduced fat bacon, grilled
- 25g of onion, lightly fried in 1-cal spray
- 25g quark
- 25g creme fraiche
- 70g grated Emmental cheese
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 250°C/475F/Gas 9.
Mix the quark and creme fraiche and spread across the
Lo-Doughin a thin layer, right up to the edge.
- Spread grated cheese on top of the passata and then add the bacon and onions.
- Put the pizza in the oven for 7 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with a crack of black pepper on top.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.