A jumbo portobello mushroom filled to the brim with melted gorgonzola, garlic and onion and sat atop some pickles and salad, held together inside two pieces Lo-Dough. You get it all for just 218 calories and 4g carbs. This is veggie food at it's indulgent best. Sure, you'll get a little messy eating it - that's always the way with a great burger. What's more - it's a slimming friendly recipe.
Low carb lunch ideas that are meat free
You will need to cut out some rounds from your Lo-dough, but don't throw out the offcuts. Put them in a food processor, whizz them up into crumbs and then put them into a sealed box in your fridge for up to 3 days or freeze to use later as part of one of our bakery recipes (one piece of Lo-Dough is 28g - all our recipes work to this measurement unless stated otherwise). This one is as easy to make as it is tasty to eat, so get cooking.
High fibre | fat free | low-carb | gluten free | dairy free | high protein | paleo | vegetarian | sugar free
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, to be cut to shape
- 1 large portobello mushroom
- 35g blue cheese, cut into chunks
- 10g of finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- A teaspoon of chopped thyme
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 slice of tomato
- A gherkin, sliced
- A couple of lettuce leaves
- 10 sprays of fry light
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Using an 11cm pastry cutter, cut out two circles from your piece of
Lo-Dough- your lid and your base. Keep back the offcuts for another recipe, as described above.
- Lightly fry your onion, garlic and thyme in a few sprays of fry light until softened and put into the middle of the upturned mushroom. Top with the cheese and sprinkle with the chilli flakes.
- Place the mushroom onto a tray, spray all over with the remaining fry light and bake in the oven at 180C/Gas 4 for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and oozy.
- Arrange the salad items and the pickle on the Lo-dough base, then add the mushroom and the lid. Enjoy.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.