An old favourite - turned super low-carb with the Lo-Dough Southern Style Coating
Hands up who remembers chicken kievs? We certainly do - a few of the team here at Lo-Dough HQ came over all misty-eyed talking about the kievs of their youth!
So, we've decided to reinvent them as super low-carb, gluten-free treats that can be enjoyed on a diet. They are incredible - the juiciest chicken imaginable, with all the flavour locked-in by the Lo-Dough Southern Style Coating.
It's a little bit trickier than your average preparation, but nothing you can't handle - there are plenty of online videos to help you make your Kievs if needed.
When making your garlic butter - make at least 250g. You can it roll up into a butter-sausage and freeze it - ready to take a portion whenever you feel like it.
If looking to make this keto-friendly, be mindful of the size of the chicken portion you are using and feel free to cram even more butter into your Kiev!
1. Preheat your oven to 220C.
2. Mix all the garlic butter ingredients together. Make more than is needed and freeze as a sausage. Take of a 15-20g portion whenever required.
3. Butterfly open your chicken and flatten the fillet to prepare your Kiev. Search for 'Kiev' on youtube for a video tutorial of the technique.
4. Dip your stuffed chicken in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered. Repeat the egg and crumb process a second time to create a thick coating.
5. Place on an oven tray, spray with a little oil and bake at 220C for approx. 25-30 mins. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked through before serving.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co