Finnegan's Fish Taco
This amazing recipe is a sentimental one for the Lo-Dough team & a delicious recipe for you to try!
Peter 'Pedro' Finnegan - the man, the legend - has moved on from Lo-Dough to pursue his dream of running his own fresh fish market stall in his adopted home town of Leeds.
Pete has worked at Lo-Dough since pretty much day one, helping with early testing and baking long before we ever had a product we could sell. Since then he has worked diligently and brilliantly as the factory's bake-manager - overseeing thousands upon thousands of perfect pieces of Lo-Dough leaving our factory every week.
In his honour, we had to create the ultimate low-carb fish recipe and we think these incredible fish taco wraps fit that description. Fresh, zingy, spicy - they are full of excitement - just like the big man himself.
'Union Fish' will be operating from December 2020. Pete will be selling a glorious array of fresh fish, as well as Lo-Dough products - if you are in the Leeds area (Union Fish is at 5 Austhorpe Road, Crossgates), do pay him a visit!
- 1 portion of
Lo-DoughSouthern Style Coating
- Approx 100g haddock fillet, sliced into 4 chunks
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 60g of avocado, sliced
- A few thin slices of red onion
- A cherry tomato, sliced
- A few mixed leaves
- A few sprigs of coriander
- A few slices of red chilli
- 10 sprays of oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- You will need two dishes. Add some of the coating to one and and beat an egg in the other.
- Dip your fish chunks in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered.
- Place on an oven tray, spray with the oil and bake at 220C for approx. 15 mins.
- Place all the salad ingredients into the wrap and add the fish on top. Serve with chilli sauce (as pictured) or mayo/sour cream/salsa if preferred.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.