Finnegan's Fish Taco
This amazing recipe is a sentimental one for the Lo-Dough team & a delicious recipe for you to try!
Peter 'Pedro' Finnegan - the man, the legend - has moved on from Lo-Dough to pursue his dream of running his own fresh fish market stall in his adopted home town of Leeds.
Pete has worked at Lo-Dough since pretty much day one, helping with early testing and baking long before we ever had a product we could sell. Since then he has worked diligently and brilliantly as the factory's bake-manager - overseeing thousands upon thousands of perfect pieces of Lo-Dough leaving our factory every week.
In his honour, we had to create the ultimate low-carb fish recipe and we think these incredible fish taco wraps fit that description. Fresh, zingy, spicy - they are full of excitement - just like the big man himself.
'Union Fish' will be operating from December 2020. Pete will be selling a glorious array of fresh fish, as well as Lo-Dough products - if you are in the Leeds area (Union Fish is at 5 Austhorpe Road, Crossgates), do pay him a visit!
1. Preheat your oven to 220C.
2. You will need two dishes. Add some of the coating to one and and beat an egg in the other.
3. Dip your fish chunks in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered.
4. Place on an oven tray, spray with the oil and bake at 220C for approx. 15 mins.
5. Place all the salad ingredients into the wrap and add the fish on top. Serve with chilli sauce (as pictured) or mayo/sour cream/salsa if preferred.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co