This low calorie sandwich recipe is to die for, with traditional ham and cheese which can be rustled up in no time. It couldn't really be simpler - use Lo-Dough as your bread alternative and make a world famous sandwich which is low in calories, low carb, and wonderfully high in protein.
Nothing beats the simple things in life and what could be much simpler than a melting cheese and ham sandwich? This takes just minutes to prepare and makes a great lunchtime treat or simple supper.
Low carb sandwiches are easy with Lo-Dough
Using Lo-Dough instead of bread makes low carb sandwiches a delicious reality. One piece has just 2.2g of carbs, yet is packed with fibre and protein, making bread healthier than ever before. Take a look at the low-carb grilled cheese recipe for more inspiration
Our thousands of Lo-Dough users swear by these nutritional, low calorie alternative meals. Whether you are slimming for focused on your fitness and nutrition, going Lo-Dough can be a real game changer.
- 1 piece of
- 2 slices of ham
- 75g cheese (any good melting cheese will work - we went with grated mozzarella, but pick your favourite)
- Black pepper
- 4 sprays of Frylight
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Place your ham and cheese on one half of the
Lo-Doughand fold the other half over.
- Place a frying pan over a low heat and spray with the fry light. Add the sandwich - you may need to hold the lid down for a few moments.
- Turn halfway through cooking.
- Serve hot with any sauce and garnish of your choice.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.