Low Cal Veggie Curry Crispy Pancakes
An update on a retro favourite... we've given crispy pancakes a low cal and veggie makeover
Our original base/southern style coating combo meal is an awesome retro treat. Super high in fibre and in taste, but low in calories and carbs, this is the way to do crispy pancakes.
You can make your curry from scratch, use up takeaway leftovers or buy a jar - it's totally up to you - the real calorie savings come when you swap out the rice or bread accompaniments for Lo-Dough.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas 6.
2. Add 80g of curry to the middle of your Lo-Dough. Try not to get too greedy or it will be hard to seal.
3. Wet the edge of your Lo-Dough with a little water and fold the over to form your sealed pancake. Apply a fair amount of pressure to ensure it seals
4. Add the egg to one large bowl/tray and the crumb to another. Carefully coat the folded pancake in egg and then crumb.
5. Generously spray with 1 cal spray and bake in your oven for approx 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Serve with a another big spoon full of your curry if desired and sides of your choice.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co