Low-Calorie Breaded Drummers
Southern Fried Drummers a big favourite with kids and adults alike. Keep it low-sugar, low-calorie & gluten-free with Lo-Dough
Simple and delicious, BBQ sauce can be a delicious accompaniment and flavouring for white and red meat. That said it can be a little sugar-laden, so finding low-sugar versions is a good start (we've used Blend Bros brilliant Smokey BBQ sauce), or just enjoying it as a once-in-a-while treat with other reduced-carb products is a great way to keep the carbs down.
The Lo-Dough Southern Coating is perfect for this and we've got a great method for making crunchy BBQ chicken drummers.
Lo-DoughSouthern Style Coating (enough to 6 drummers - approx 2 portions)
- 6 chicken drumsticks, skinless
- 1 egg, beaten
- 45ml Blend Bros BBQ sauce
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 190C.
- Marinate your drummers in around half the blend bros sauce. Make little cuts to the bone to allow the sauce in coat and massage. Leave for a minimum of 1 hour, or overnight.
- You will need two dishes. Add some of the coating (enough to coat the 6 drumsticks) to one and beat an egg (or egg white) in the other.
- Dip your chicken in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered.
- Place on an oven tray, spray with a little oil and bake at for approx. 30-35 mins. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked through before serving.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.