Low-Calorie Breaded Oyster Mushroom Sandwich
Incredible flavour for very few calories. This is what meals made with Lo-Dough are all about!
This incredible veggie sandwich is super low-calorie and super-tasty! The oyster mushroom is as meaty as any steak and when paired with our Southern Style Coating and garlic mayonnaise, you've got yourself a flavour explosion! That it's low in carbs and calories is really just a bonus!
- 1 portion Southern Style Coating
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-4 whole oyster mushrooms (depending on size)
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed and mixed into the mayo
- A few mixed salad leaves
- 1 salad tomato, sliced
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- You will need two dishes. Add one portion of the coating to one and beat an egg/egg white in the other.
- Dip the mushrooms in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered. Repeat the egg and crumb process a second time to create a thick coating.
- Place on an oven tray, spray with a little oil and bake at 220C for approx. 15 mins.
- Place into the wrap with your salad and garlic mayonnaise and serve.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.