Chapatis with Simple Chicken Curry
Rich and spicy homemade comforts, the low calorie way
Type: Mains Suitable For: High proteinLow calories
Low Calorie Chapatis with your Favourite Chicken Curry
You certainly don't need to compromise on flavour in order to achieve a tasty curry that's kind to your waistline. Here at Lo-dough, we’re all about full flavoured food without the excess calories, and this curry, in particular, is one of our personal all-time favourites.
Whilst there are plenty of protein-rich foods you could experiment with, Chicken is lean, packed with protein and super tasty! The powerful medicinal properties of Turmeric and Ginger, combined with the antioxidants of the chilli add a healthier touch to this outrageously good, low-calorie meal.
Check out the low calorie chapatis with spicy chilli and coriander here
1. Toast the coriander seeds in a Frylight sprayed, hot pan for several minutes until they start to smoke then tip into a pestle and mortar and bash to create a fine powder. Pick the coriander leaves and finely chop the stalks. Set aside.
2. Now add the onion, chilli, ginger, garlic and coriander stalks to the pan and cook on a medium heat for approximately five minutes or until soft.
3. Add the peppers and spices and cook for another five minutes
3. Now add the chicken chunks and 2 tbsp water. Place a lid on top and cook for another ten minutes.
4. Pour in the tomatoes, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
4. Five minutes before the curry is cooked, splash each individual piece of Lo-Dough with water, and fry off in a pre-sprayed hotpan for approx one minute on each side. Spice to taste.
5. Remove the curry from the heat, serve up with your Lo-dough chapatis and enjoy the deliciousness!