Low Calorie Chapatis with your Favourite Chicken Curry
You certainly don't need to compromise on flavour in order to achieve a tasty curry that's kind to your waistline. Here at Lo-dough, we’re all about full flavoured food without the excess calories, and this curry, in particular, is one of our personal all-time favourites.
Whilst there are plenty of protein-rich foods you could experiment with, Chicken is lean, packed with protein and super tasty! The powerful medicinal properties of Turmeric and Ginger, combined with the antioxidants of the chilli add a healthier touch to this outrageously good, low-calorie meal.
Check out the low calorie chapatis with spicy chilli and coriander here
- 4 pieces of
- 400g skinned chicken breast (cut into bite-sizes chunks)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 small red chillies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 tbsp water
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- A bunch of fresh coriander
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Toast the coriander seeds in a Frylight sprayed, hot pan for several minutes until they start to smoke then tip into a pestle and mortar and bash to create a fine powder. Pick the coriander leaves and finely chop the stalks. Set aside.
- Now add the onion, chilli, ginger, garlic and coriander stalks to the pan and cook on a medium heat for approximately five minutes or until soft.
- Add the peppers and spices and cook for another five minutes.
- Now add the chicken chunks and 2 tbsp water. Place a lid on top and cook for another ten minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Five minutes before the curry is cooked, splash each individual piece of
Lo-Doughwith water, and fry off in a pre-sprayed hotpan for approx one minute on each side. Spice to taste.
- Remove the curry from the heat, serve up with your Lo-dough chapatis and enjoy the deliciousness!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.