Low-carb spicy, cheesy bites - Perfect as a snack or side
Check out our super simple recipe for low-calorie cheese-stuffed peppers coated in our Southern Style Coating. Our's are baked in a hot oven in around 10 minutes and will be crispy and delicious with out being greasy or fatty. It's worth noting that these work brilliantly in an air-fryer too.
We've gone with a lower fat cream cheese, to keep the calories down, but this is up to you. The dish with remain brilliantly low-carb now matter what cheese you go with.
Perfect as a side or snack, you should defo check these low-calorie jalapeno poppers out!
- 1 portion of
Lo-DoughSouthern Style Coating
- 1 egg, beaten
- 10 Jalapeno peppers
- 50g cream cheese (half fat)
- A few chives, finely chopped
- A few sprays of oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 250°C/475°F/Gas 9.
- Mix your cheese, chives and some seasoning in a bowl. Cut a slit down the side of each pepper, squeeze to open and fill with a teaspoon of the cheese mix.
- Dip your filled peppers in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered.
- Place on an wire rack (ideally) or oven tray, spray with a little oil and bake for 10-15 mins.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.