Low-Calorie Popcorn Chicken Pizza
Two takeaways combined into one - but for a fraction of the calories!
Two well-known takeaway companies combined forces recently and came up with a popcorn chicken pizza. It looked pretty delicious in a naughty kind of way, but that came at a price - over 2000 calories!
Well - we thought we'd have a crack at a similar recipe - albeit Lo-Dough style. Guess what, We've smashed it out of the park - you get the same delicious, fully cheesed up flavour with crunchy chicken morsels - but at just 398 kcal!
Make this your fakeaway treat!
Method1. 1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/Gas 7
2. Lightly season the mince and form into small nuggets. Crumb using the Southern Style Coating and the egg white.
3. Bake the nuggets in the oven for approx 10-15 mins - or until lightly golden brown.
4. Spread the gravy on the smooth side of your Lo-Dough, spreading right to the edge. Keep a little back to drizzle over at the end. Then add your mozzarella, again, covering right to the edge.
5. Top with the chicken and the sweetcorn
6. Bake in your oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Add a final drizzle of gravy and serve straight away.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co