Low Calorie Sausage Roll Bites
Type: Suitable For: Low calorieLow carb
Low-calorie sausage rolls that are perfect for your lunchbox or a picnic.
These Lo-Dough sausage rolls give you four tear-and-share beauties that are a doddle to make and totally scrumptious.
We used two low calorie and lower-carb Heck sausages to create four of these double-barrelled beauties and they came to 178 calories, but even with regular supermarket sausages, they come in at under 300 calories.
Check out more pastry recipes here.
- 1. Preheat your oven to 200C/392F/Gas mark 6.
2. Slice your Lo-Dough down vertically into 4 long strips.
3. Split the sausage into 8 smaller cocktail-sausage sized portions and place them at each end of the 4 strips.
4. Roll the strips inwards until they meet in the centre. Glaze with a little egg-wash and season with the salt, pepper and rosemary.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and the sausage is cooked through.