Super Low Carb Southern 'Fried' Chicken
Low-Calorie & Low-Carb Southern 'Fried' Chicken - A Fakeaway Feast
Two succulent chicken legs coated in a spiced Lo-dough crumb and baked off in the oven gives you the ultimate low-calorie, ultra low-carb indulgent treat. It's easy to do and fun to share with friends and family - 1 piece of Lo-Dough will coat approx. 4 pieces of chicken. Thanks to the high fibre content of Lo-Dough, we find two pieces and sides will easily satisfy any appetite.
Southern fried chicken just got super low-calorie thanks to the magic of Lo-Dough
An average takeaway/supermarket bought equivalent of southern fried chicken will come in at nearly twice the calories, masses more carbs (Lo-Dough's chicken contains just 1.1g of carbohydrate) and a great deal more fat.
For our spice mix, we used a bag of Spicentice Southen Style Chicken spice blend and the result was fantastic - crunchy, succulent, flavoursome chicken.
For another indulgent fakeaway, Check out our Meat Feast pizza recipe
Method1. Preheat your oven to 200C/392F/Gas mark 6.
2. Season the chicken with a good pinch or two of the Spicentice mix and some salt and pepper.
3. Add the seasoned chicken to a bowl with the beaten egg and ensure it is well coated.
4. In a separate bowl add all the remaining spice mix to the Lo-Dough crumbs. Add the egg-coated chicken to the crumbs and shake to coat well. Press the crumbs on with your hands for a firmer thicker crust.
5. Spray each piece with a few sprays of fry light and put on a tray and into the oven. Around halfway through the cooking time, give them a few more sprays to help crisp up.
6. After 45 minutes, take out of the oven and allow to rest on a cold plate/board for a couple of minutes - this will make the coating even crispier. Serve with sides of your choice. See picture for ideas.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co