Low Carb Crispy Pancake (Rich Beef Stew)
Check out our incredibly low-carb version of the retro favourite
For those of us who grew up in the 80's, the Findus Crispy Pancake was a special treat. For those of you who don't remember them... well now's your chance to try!
We've decided to take a trip down memory lane, but without the processed fillings and carb-heavy outers. This stew filled crispy pancake is protein and fibre packed, but unbelievably low in calories and carbs. Above all, its is wonderfully delicious.
As well as serving with healthy green veg, we recommend serving with an extra 80g serving of stew which will add 81 calories and 2 carbs.
Looking for stew/casserole inspiration? Check out our super simple 5 ingredient stew recipe!
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas 6.
2. Add 80g stew to the middle of your Lo-Dough. TRy not to get too greedy or it will be hard to seel.
3. Wet the edge of your Lo-Dough with a little water and fold the over to form your sealed pancake. Apply a fair amount of pressure to ensure it seals
4. Add the egg to one large bowl/tray and the crumb to another. Carefully coat the folded pancake in egg and then crumb.
5. Generously spray with 1 cal spray and bake in your oven for approx 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Serve with a another big spoon full of your stew and greens of your choice.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co