Lo-Dough as your naan means low carb like never before
Type: Mains Suitable For: Gluten freeHigh fibreHigh proteinLow calorieLow carb
Depending on the size, you are usually looking between 500 and 900 calories for a standard naan bread. Lo-Dough is an incredible 39 calories per naan - cutting out a huge intake of calories, and adding almost no carbs.
Low carb bread done differently
Lo-Dough is much more than an alternative to bread (or naan, in this case), it's a low carb bread and pastry alternative which can be used in a number of different ways. One of the most popular ways of using Lo-Dough is as a healthy pizza base - but on this occasion we are using it as a super low calorie (virtually carb free) naan stuffed with delicious keema lamb. It's an Asian classic that could be a superb Friday night feast, only without the calories and carbs. This is why Lo-Dough has taken the world by storm.
A shop bought curry paste and a few store cupboard staples turn your lamb mince into something full of incredible flavour and savour. You can make the lamb mince mix ahead of time and just have your Lo-Dough ready to spoon it onto for the next couple of days.
Due to its high fibre content, Lo-dough won't leave you wanting more. Serve alongside your favourite curry (why not try veggie, now the meat element of your meal is covered?) instead of rice or the usual naans and watch the calories and carbs fall away.
Because Lo-Dough gives you leeway...
How about more Asian food done the Lo-Dough way? Check out these super low calorie samosas now.
Method1. Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Add the mince, garlic and ginger into a pre-sprayed (6 sprays of oil) pan and brown for 5-10 minutes.
3. Once brown, turn the heat down a little, add the curry paste and mix well. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Finally, add the garam masala, stir and take off the heat.
4. Add the coriander and transfer to a cold plate.
5. Once cool enough to handle, spread the mix on one half of your Lo-Dough and fold the other half over. Spray with a little more oil and then wrap in foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Serve alongside your favourite curry.