This is too good to be true. Find decadence and delight in this low-calorie chicken recipe!
Taking a classic Chicken Kiev technique and playing around with the stuffing inside is one of the joys of making your own. Traditional garlic/parsley butter can be replaced with... well, just about anything you like. By coating with Lo-Dough's Southern Style Coating you are reducing the carbs, upping the fibre and using a product designed to be baked, rather than the traditional fried recipe, saving on fat and grease too.
Trust us... you're gonna love this one: oozy soft cheese, garlicky and tomatoey red pesto - its an absolute flavour bomb!
Lo-DoughSouthern Style Coating (enough to double coat one piece of chicken)
- 1 large skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- Spray oil
- 20g of half fat soft cheese
- A teaspoon of red pesto
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Mix the soft cheese and pesto together.
- Butterfly open your chicken and flatten the fillet to prepare your Kiev. Search for 'Kiev' on youtube for a video tutorial of the technique. Stuff with the cheese and pesto then close up the butterflied chicken breast with the fillet.
- Dip your stuffed chicken in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered. Repeat the egg and crumb process a second time to create a thick coating.
- Place on an oven tray, spray with a little oil and bake at 220C for approx. 25-30 mins. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked through before serving.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.