Make your fish fingers low-cal, low carb and delicious, with our Southern Style Coating.
For the tastiest low-calorie, low-carb fish fingers, look no further than our Southern Style Coating to create a delicious crunchy coating that is packed with flavour.
Fish fingers always bring out the kid in us here at Lo-Dough - that's why it's an enduring favourite for many people in the UK.
We have served ours with sweet potato fries and boiled peas. For the ultimate low-carb fish finger meal, you could have them in a Lo-Dough wrap for under 10g carbs.
Making low carb and low calorie meal plates
(Note - The nutritional info for this recipe is for the meal - fish fingers, sweet potato chips and peas as a whole. The carbs and sugars are much higher than normal because of the sweet potato - though this veg is packed with micronutrients, so is a nice treat to have every once in a while!)
Lo-DoughSouthern Style Coating (enough to double coat one piece of chicken)
- Approx 100g cod loin, sliced into fish fingers the size of your choosing
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 portion of sweet potato fries (recipe linked in description above)
- 50g of frozen peas, boiled in salted water for approx 2-3 mins
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220C. Once hot, get your sweet potato chips in to cook.
- You will need two dishes. Add some of the coating to one and and beat an egg white or two in the other.
- Dip your fish fingers in the egg white and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered. Repeat the egg and crumb process a second time to create a thick coating.
- Place on an oven tray, spray with a little oil and bake at 220C for approx. 15-20 mins. Serve with the chips and peas.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.