These super schnitzels are a perfect high protein, low-carb meal
These flattened pork steaks, coated in Lo-Dough's Southern Style Coating and flashed through a super hot oven are a perfect low-fat alternative to the traditional fried in butter schnitzel. It'd be great served as the main part of a sandwich - a Lo-Dough one for the serious low carbers, but here we've plated ours up alongside a baked sweet potato and seasonal greens for a perfectly balanced and delicious meal. The potato and greens will add an additional 142 kcal, 28g carbs and 6g fibre to the macros below.
- 1 portion of
Lo-DoughSouthern Style Coating
- 1 pork loin steak
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- A few sprays of oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 250°C/475°F/Gas 9.
- Flatten out the steak between two pieces of clingfilm, using a rolling pin. Put the coating in one dish and beat an egg and the Dijon mustard in another.
- Dip your flatten pork steak in the egg and then drop into the crumb. Shake until completely covered.
- Place on an wire rack (ideally) or oven tray, spray with a little oil and bake for 10 mins. Serve as desired.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.