Because fitness starts with breakfast. And breakfast starts with you.
In fact, it's believed that if you begin the day with a low carb breakfast recipe that you enjoy, you are more likely to eat healthily for the rest of the day. Our team has come up with some really great ways of making everything from fruity pancakes to traditional eggs, in a way which slashes carbs and calories.
Low carb breakfast recipes which are good for the mind
Healthy breakfast, healthy mind. In fact, starting your day with good habits contributes to a more positive train of thought, which in turn makes continued good habits more likely. Dip into some low carb eggy bread before a morning run, get in the shower and off to work you go - having already accomplished something positive.
Did you Know?
- You should eat breakfast within 90 minutes of waking up
- A healthy breakfast should provide calories in the range of 20-35% of your guideline daily allowance (GDA).For women, 2000 calories, and for men around 2500.
- Breakfast restores your glucose levels, an essential that your brain needs to function properly
Basically, going about your day without breakfast is a bit like trying to drive a car without petrol. Fill up and go further, as well as maintaining good health and function.
Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
Here at Lo-Dough, nothing matters more to us than balancing health and enjoyment. Watching your weight doesn't have to mean missing out, and dieting doesn't mean eating food you don't like. Thankfully, there is now a way we can enjoy all the food we love but without the high sugar, fat, carbs and calories which are expected to go with it.
Take a look at these popular low carb breakfast dishes that Lo-Dough enthusiasts can't seem to get enough of.
1. Low Fat Rasberry and Vanilla Pancakes
Filling, sweet and so easy to make, it's little wonder these have been a fit. The Lo-Dough which makes the pancakes in this case are high in protein and fibre, sugar free (as well as gluten free and vegetarian!). This is a very efficient breakfast that will kick start your day.
See the low carb raspberry and vanilla pancakes here
2. Low Carb Eggs BenedictEggs for breakfast are a great source of protein to get you started on a Monday morning, or even lazing around on a Sunday... but usually eggy meals end up being really high on calorific value. This is an intelligent balance between warm enjoyment and a healthy start. As ever, Lo-Dough is high in fibre and protein anyway, so the freedom here is great. Eggs are easy and fast, and you'll have a nice and energised morning.
3. Low Carb Fruity Pancakes
Pancakes for breakfast are a super hit with Lo-Dough users for the incredible freedom they come with. Super low calorie pancakes (39 calories per cake) means adding all the bits and bobs more generously. We went to town on this one and it is still less than 500 calories. The recipe and full instructions below are, as you will see, very straightforward and time efficient, making it a good breakfast to rustle up before work or after a morning workout.
4. Low Carb Mexican Huevos Rancheros
Now this is a special one, low-carb Mexican breakfasts aren't generally easy to achieve without skimping on portions. This recipe allows for avocado, which speaks volumes to those who know about calorie counting. You could make it even lower by removing the avocados from the recipe all together, as it is a delicious breakfast with or without them, but we like to boast that they are possible.
5. Low Carb Eggy Bread
Low carb breakfast recipes would be unfinished without this eggy bread idea - it's the simplest, easiest and still quite tasty option which is less than 200 calories. An old school idea, made into a winner with Lo-dough as an ingredient. You can't really go wrong with this. Give the recipe a try.
Check out the full guide and recipe for low carb eggy bread