Low-Cal Bolognese Pizza
Bolognese-Sauce Pizza For Less Than 300 Calories? Oh Yes!
If you find yourself short of time for cooking, then batch cooking is your BEST FRIEND! When you find time to make something on mass - do it - it takes just as long to make 8 portions as it does to make one. Then you have something that can be used to make meals through the next few days and a few portions to go in the freezer.
Take bolognese sauce. Classic with spaghetti, but also in lasagne. Had enough of Italian flavours? Fry off some spices, add some beans and peppers and seamlessly convert it into a chilli con carne! Or, for something a bit different, use it as the sauce base of a pizza, as we have done here!
By using a Lo-Dough base and a mixture of Eatlean and mozzarella cheese, you get a fully cheesed up pizza for under 300 calories, 8g of carbs and only 12g of fat! We also recommend you look at the ragu guide in our lasagne recipe for tips on making the most suitable sauce for your diet.
Time-Saving Recipes with Lo-Dough
Leftovers work brilliantly with Lo-Dough. With your filling ready, you have all this at your fingertips: Super quick wraps. 5-minute toasties. Pizzas in 10-15 minutes. Pasties in 20. Then there are our ultra-quick mug cake desserts.
Making healthy food doesn't mean hours of strenuous meal prep and constant time spent in the kitchen. Make your dieting life easy - make it with Lo-Dough!
1. Preheat your oven to 250°C/475F/Gas 9
2. Spread most of bolognese sauce across the Lo-Dough in a thin layer, right up to the edge.
3. Blend the cheeses and sprinkle the mix over the pizza, spreading it right to the edge and then add the remaining sauce on top in little blobs.
4. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until the pizza has reached your desired crispiness.
5. Remove the pizza from the oven, garnish with the basil if desired and serve.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co